Palm VS Pocket PC VS ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vormund

Daemon Poster
Just curious if and what anyone here has for a PDA--I've been looking at them for quite some time now, primarily for 802.11x wireless internet and PDF viewability...but with those mere limitations, there are unlimited!

So...if you have one, what type/model, and any pros/cons you can think of...would be greatly appreciated...!

Thanks,
--Xula
:D

well i had an xda mini, it was really good, and can be used as a phone, which is partly why i bought it, but its touch screen and for a phone thats a pain in the ***, but for a pda it was really good, and windows on it made it quite good and user friendly, but there not as easy to use as you expect, and unless you need it, dont bother wasteing money on it, cos i sold mie about a month after getting it cos i had no use for it at all

Well I've worked with Pocket PC 2002/2003, Palm, RIM BlackBerry among others. I developed s/w for them during my internships during university.

Usability wise, the Pocket PC series was the best IMO.

Thanks to both of you for you're ideas!

I'm now writing this from my new HP iPAQ 2490/2495! (A pocket pc.)

My previous PDA was a Palm IIIc--and I must say, I love the multitasking ability !

thanks again,
Xula

(too hard to write so much!)

Good choice good choice. :). THe pocket PC is a nice device. I am not sure what the new models are like anymore. I am sure they are better than the ones I worked with.

I've had 3 Pocket PC's. HP Jornada, Toshiba E330 then some HP with builtin in thumboard. I got bored with them pretty fast. They have poopy resolutions and touchy wifi. Last year I got the Debian powered Nokia, I'd put the screen quality up against a PSP...
P1000886.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom