Paging File

Status
Not open for further replies.

abrownz

Beta member
Hi i just bought a new Dell 8300 with an 80gb maxtor inside and have the old 10.2 gb quantum fireball plus and was wondering if it would be more advantagous to format the old fireball and use it to have my paging file only. If so what would be the best setup for the old drive and how would i do it? One major thing is wheter it be a NFTS of FAT32. Thanks a lot in advance.

"The Bitmap: RELOADED..."

Are you using LINUX? Or are ever planning to use LINUX in your life? If so, your best bet would be FAT32. Becaus NTFS isn't compatible with LINUX and once you format to NTFS, you cant format back toFAT32.:cool:

What I'd recommend doing is loading your OS onto that 10 GB drive and using the new 80 for installs/files/games/whaever else (cough pr0n).

The page file is just what your system uses for backup RAM when your performing system intense tasks. This uses a chunk of your HD to simulate ram by writing and reading from it. At most you'd need a Gig for your Page file, but I believe deafult is around 750MB and windows changes the size based upon usage. 10GB would just be overkill.

".......... .......... ..... ....?"

......................... ............................ .......... . . . . .. . .. . ........... ............................ zzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzZZZ Z Z z ZZZZZ!!! ............ ..........

... Hey? where did this guy go?:confused: :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom