P4 Extreme or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

selmac

Beta member
HI All

I am looking at getting a p4 3.2GHZ Extreme Edition or the 3.4GHz Extreme but i am not sure if it is worth getting can anybody advise me on this please

Also i am new to computer building and have started building my first computer i have just got the Asus p4c800-E Deluxe and the case is a thermaltake Xaser 3 super tower 2000+ i need some help on wiring the mobo to the case if any body has these two items i would be gratfully if you could email me or msm me and help me through it please

email/msm: = selmac007@hotmail.com

thanks in advance

selmac

As for spending that kind of money if you got it get it :) .On the other hand a new line of Processors , Mobo`s and Pci express video is on the horizon :) 1st Quarter of this year .
Also there are plenty of pictured tutorals on building your own system .Put in a search for how to build a computer

Are you really willing to spend about $1000 just on a processor??? If you are, then why don't you wait for a while, because I have heard that windows will soon come out with a 64 bit managable OC (for the AMD 64). Which will be a much better option, because the 64 bit is almost half the price and almost as good as the Pentium Extreme Edition.

go with the fx 51 it is better in some benchmarks and worse in others but at way less cost it is the way to go without a question not to mention getting to play with 64 bit stuff

Though im glad to see Intel get in gear to reclaim the title at any expanse.Think EE was a rush thing to just put something out.

Buck's your laying down for a rise in performance seem's very extreme.Specialy since most application's dont even come close to taxing most system's anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom