P4 and AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Athlon XP 1600+

It's just a waste of money if i bought Pentium IV. I felt buying the brand instead of the performance.

I have a P233 with MMX technology...oh yea w00t...MMX.. the last Pentium intel ever made...lol...anyway....If I had a choice to get a CPU I would get the AMD Athlon FX-53, and if I was actually gonna build something within my boundaries I would get a AMD Athlon XP 2800+. I'm a AMD person.

I'm running a Celeron in this machine - I have no problem with it. To be honest I think it'sa matter of personal preference as far as AMD and Intel goes, but I don't like the way AMD is doing this "We WISH our processors were this fast" thing.

FireFox said:
I have a P233 with MMX technology...oh yea w00t...MMX.. the last Pentium intel ever made...lol...anyway....If I had a choice to get a CPU I would get the AMD Athlon FX-53, and if I was actually gonna build something within my boundaries I would get a AMD Athlon XP 2800+. I'm a AMD person.

My new machine is going to be AMD Athlon too. ;) (How does that sound from an Intel guy?) Actually I think both processors have their good points, but if you want a really really really high end machine, I would go for the Intel. I just don't see whats so special about the Athlon 64s but I'll read up on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom