P4- 4GHz Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, Uzi you just aren't understanding what I am saying...I know what I am talking about...

Heyyo,

There's no point really for Intel to hit that 4GHz limit. AMD could easily beat them out with the already impressive FX-57. Heck, the FX-57 isin't even near 4GHz. So AMD could uber-slaughter Intel on single core. They knew this, so inna smart move they focused on dual core. I wasn't so much about fan respect, it was about wroking on getting out the best cpu they can, and their isin't any big improvements left on single core anymore anyways people.

So I say intel did a smart move. Plus, have you guys seen the pricetag on the FX-57? now think of the P4 at 4GHz. yeah. I'd probably be cheaper to get the new mobo that supports dual core and a dual core cpu than get the FX-57 or the P4 GHz (if it existed).

the p4 wouldnt be able to touch the fx-57 w/ a 10ft pole though so in a sence your right. But it just sounds liek intel is trying to gip AMDs design more and more. saying they are going to the "mobile" design just means hey were trying to be sneaky and try to copy AMD.

if i understand him right majistic was basing that on the article that he posted. He didn't realize that it had come out in Oct 2004 so he thought it was new and dual-proc hadn't come out yet...

No no, I knew dual-procs had came out. I never followed Pentiums. (i've always been an AMD fanboy) So I didn't know that Pentium had a dual proc out..but still I agree with Mguire and MarD say, Intel is going to need to come up with some uber quick and great to get near the FX-57.

Intel is trashing the NetBurst architecture, because Pentium M's OC'd can beat a FX-55. They are mobile processors and they are designed to run as cool as possible. But if you use the Pentium M in accordance with a full size desktop HSF, you should be able to get a great Overclock.

Intel is getting their act together. So 2-3 years down the road the tables might turn.

DJ-CHRIS said:
My new sig pertains to intel basicly re-releasing the pentium 3

DJ-CHRIS Spell Check: December

And the reason they have cancelled the 4.0Ghz development is because they've found that if you put a frying pan on-top of the CPU, you can cook a steak better then a George Forman...

It's just too damn power hungry...

Thanks for helping not make an !d!0t of myself

Spelt knowledge wrong in a title, and the title was knowledge = power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom