P4- 4GHz Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad move IMO.

Now they are just going to pump some insanley expensive CPU onto the market and love their "common" support from consumers like us. Not as many will buy the dual core as would have the 4GHz, I think they shot themselves in the foot.

IMO dual core is indeed a step up, instead of throwing out a processor that is 200mhz higher..

majistic said:
IMO dual core is indeed a step up, instead of throwing out a processor that is 200mhz higher..

True, Intel might have "future proofed" themselves but they don't have the support from the common buyers. However they might have opened a larger market on the cooperate level.

I agree with you there. The more hardcore users will buy their newer dual cores, but for the common computer user, will just stay with AMD. Plus if Intel comes out with the dual core, it will be around $800-$1000, and their first ones won't even be worth the money.

majistic said:
I agree with you there. The more hardcore users will buy their newer dual cores, but for the common computer user, will just stay with AMD. Plus if Intel comes out with the dual core, it will be around $800-$1000, and their first ones won't even be worth the money.

What are you talking about, the dual cores are already out. Also they are not that expensive. Here is the flagship model for Intel Dual Cores.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819116213

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom