P4 2.4 GHZ No Hyper-Threadding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murdoc

In Runtime
Why is it that on valve's survey report, it says "Hyper Threadding: not supported"? Is there a way to unlock the HT function on my P4? How do I know if it enabled or not?

well some p4's do not have HT, I had a p4 2.4 with no HT.

If the HT setting is grey, and you cannot change it, than you do not have it, and there is no known method of enabling or hacking it either.

well if you have XP (home or pro) or 2000. You CTRL+ALT+DEL

You should see 2 line graphs for each cpu (1 physical 1 logical)
But make sure you hit VIEW> CPU History> and check ONE GRAPH PER CPU

If you think you have HT, but it is not enabled..... Go look for the hyperthreading settings in the BIOS and enable it if possible. If it is grayed out, your cpu is most likely not compatible.

You will 2 graphs right next to each other in the CPU usage column if you have HT (like the pic below)

Processor ID Utility

You can use this utility to identify if your processor and other hardware are HT ready.

I can't believe it... I got fooled... Intel always advertised about their HT technology on their P4 computers ever since 1.2GHZ computers came out... I can't believe my 2.4 GHZ doesn't -_-" This just pissed me right off. Not only that, the bios they gave me never included the "Hyper threading" technology function at all. The entire selection never showed up!! :mad:

The BIOS could of, it is just that you cant see it, my old Asus board had the HT setting invisible. It only popped up and was visable when I threw in an HT compatible p4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom