Overseas hardware compatibily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cagen

Beta member
I live in England and take a trip to America every year in summer for 2-3 months to visit my girlfriend who currently lives over there. I am thinking about purchasing some computer parts (not the case or psu) while I am over there as it would save me alot of money.

I am currently trying to find out if there would be any compatibility issues between US and UK hardware. I am pretty sure they all use the same standards and everything is interchangable as they are identical components but I want to make sure before I go buying anything.

If anyone knows or could give me some insight into this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

As far as I know, the ONLY parts that would make any kind of difference would be keyboard (for foreign languages) and the Power Supply...

The PSU will either auto detect the voltage in a different country or will have a switch to change between them, but as you live in the UK may I reccomend the Hiper Type R 580w?

Also check the prices of each individual component as there may be a couple of components where it could be cheaper to buy in the UK.

Wise choice, you'll get stuff ALOT cheaper in the US (no VAT and all).

and like the others say, shouldn't be any hardware incompatibilities that I know of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom