Overheating or Worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

freedumb

Beta member
Hi,

I'm experiancing some very strange behaviour with my Asus V9280S-TVP and WINXP. If I load up a game or any software that's in any way graphics heavy my system performance decreases steadily, strange patterns start appearing on buttons and lables, textures become distorted and discolored, and then a drop out to desktop with an error message stating that "Windows has recovered from a device failure, blah blah". Screen resolution is set to something very low and color depth looks like 8bit or lower color. Shortly after the displaying of this message the system becomes unresponsive and I must power down(not much of a recovery). This problem takes a variety of differant time to manifest itself depending on the game. If I restart the system immediatly as the POST screen ticks over I can see out of place characters and similar graphics error to my ingame ones. However if I wait a few minutes before restart this does not occur and system starts up fine and runs fine untill I decide to try out another game or even 3dsmax. I've pretty much tried every driver there is for the card and found the vast majority of them actually decreased the performance of the card even further than the performance with the inbox driver (v31.40).I suspect overheating but I'm not sure if these problems are symptoms of overheating. I have considered redoing all the thermal connections to headsink with new thermal paste, but I've decided to put it off untill I get an opinion as the heatsink is difficult to remove and may result in physical damage to the card. Is it possible that this card is fried or on the way to being fried and if so is it dangerous to continue operating my system with it present, Or is there some perfectly simple solution?

have it being doing that before as well?

or u have just installed the card?

try newest version of forceware
2: if still doesnt works, some transistors might be faulty.

RAM, always check RAM, but when it crashes, go into your BIOS and check if it is!!!!!!!!!!! It has a thermomiter.... Anything over 70 is high. Mine normall stays at 65 when ive been playing vice. If it is then return the PC, or mess around with cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom