So I just completed my first build yesterday, and got my brother's old monitor today. I went to turn on the computer and nothing happened. Well, I put the pwr sw into different pins and voila it started up. All went well at first: it detected my master and slave hdds, my dvd rom, my usb ports, etc., and then when I tried to use my HP recovery disc from a different computer, it didn't work (I was more hoping that it would than anything). So I tried my IBM Windows 2000 recovery disc (which I know can install 2000), and my computer shut off. It shut off a couple more times after I tried a couple different things to get it to boot from the disc. I then opened up the case, and felt the air; all seemed normal. I put my hand in farther. Ouch! My CPU was overheating a LOT and the computer must have shut itself off to keep from getting burned. I'm not sure if the heatsink even turned on while the computer was on, but the strange part is that it was on for about ten minutes at a maximum. How could it overheat so much when I wasn't even doing anything? Has anyone had problems with a brand new computer overheating after just a few minutes? I'm not really sure what to do, but it's rather annoying not being able to use the first computer you ever built.