overheating please help im worried

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charbo

In Runtime
ok so i was playing some quake 3 and my video cards were at 1 - almost 90, and 2 - 80 something and im a bit worried so i rigged 2 extra fans on but im going to frys later and i need to know what i shoudl get to cool my pc down the most.

erm well i know thats high but its not melting high if u know what i mean. cos gpus are designed to run hot so they can take highere temps. I would look at artic coolings NV silencer series, or maybes on one zalmans new ones, (not the fanless one) but cant remember the name of it.

Also whats you case ventilation like? do u have many intact or exhaust fans? wats ur cpu temp like?

well im getting a zalman 7000 or 7700 tonight for the cpu to cool that down a bit extra and oc a bit and my chipset is insane hot i could prolly burn my finger if i touched it and it heats up the whole back of the cards so im sure thats not helping...

Is that Farenheit or Celsius? With a rig like that set up, you should probably go with a water cooling setup. If not, just load that thing with fans. Get a nice air flow comming in the front and moving out the back. If memory serves me right, XFX does not have the gretest cooling on their cards. Those fanless GPU coolers I have heard work really well. The ones with the heatsinks that clamp on to either side, apparently are very nice. Wish i could afford one.

well i knwo its not the best but i went to frys nad got a koolance exos external kit for now at least they have a 30 day try out period so if i dont like these 20c drops i just got from it i will take it back and get a real kit that i build myself from dangerden. i may do that anyway but so far i like this for a temporary at least;)

also considering that my temps were up in the 80s to 90s today on both gpu's and i had to add 2 more fans just to get them to both be under 80 (and this is just playing quake 3 mind you) and my idle temps were 60-70 so i get this and my idle temp is 40-50 and this is with the fans of the exos at their lowest setting which is much less audible than my video cards and playing quake again my temps never got above 55 so i am very happy. i didnt try it on any setting higher other than to see how loud it was and i am pretty happy with the sould level. all these temps ARE in celcius by the way

my new ones? well after getting this exos i really like the design but my dad is an engineer and designs things like waterjets and pumps and the like for a company in arkansas (dont know the name right now im a bit tired ;)) but anyway im thinking of taking this one back anyway and building my own almost completly like this. my idea will be to have it external like this so if i get a new case, new pc whatever it will transfer but the design will be very similar with the "hood" with all or most stuff in it. i would have a better pump for sure but the biggest thing about this wc kit i think could be improved is that the fans look to be 80mm and im sure the rad isnt nearly as good as the tripple dangerden i was considering with 3 120mm fans so im gonna have my dad help me build a custom hood similar to this one only with a triple dd 120 rad with a good res and pump :) sorry if im ranting i just have been thinking about this all night and i have no one to tell;) so ya if anyone has some ideas on parts besides the rad cause im pretty sure ill use the dd tripple 120 but i was hoping for a res/pump like the one on the exos when i build mine;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom