Overheating Issue....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nechen

Baseband Member
Okay I'm guessing that this is caused by how old my MoBo is (GA-7VA, I'm getting sick of Giga-byte) but I recently installed Warhammer: Dawn of War, and ever since then I've been getting BOSoD left and right due to overheating. I no joke have got a 12 inch fan in front of my case right now blowing air into to keep Temp1 and Temp2 at 49 degrees celcius. If I knew what Temp1 and Temp2 were that would probably help.

So the two things I need are:

A reason as to why heat is all the sudden a huge issue

and

Where to get a REALIBLE system monitor utility

Gigabyte should have a program that does all the monitoring, I know msi and asus do.. it will monitor the fans, temps and even the psu voltages. 49c really isn't all that hot, although i have no idea what your system specs are, you should reply with them.
I really don't think it's a heat issue...

And what is BOSoD? is that supposed to be bsod? -> blue screen of death? hmm

yeah its Blue Screen of Death.

My specs are:

AMD 2800+ 2.1 GhZ

768 MBs of PC2700 RAM

GeForce 4 TI 4800

Soundblaster Live sound card

two crappy 40mm fans

and I cant find the software that came my with motherboard and Giga-byte doesnt have any way for me to download the software...

Nechen,

The two temps are:

Temp1 = CPU temp
Temp2 = Motherboard temp (normally records by the RAM)

With two fans you should be ok, make sure your CPU fan is constantly running. Also check that the fan(s) on the back of the case are blowing out, if not you are blowing the warm air from your PS back into the case. If you have one on the front of your case, have that one blowing in, you might want HD close to it. Other then that try adding another fan either to the top or the side.

Good luck with everything,
-=Cricket=-

so since you're running an amd 2800, your temps are fine, but unfortunately your eyes aren't...

"Home > Support > Motherboard > Download Center "
http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/DownloadCenter/DownloadCenter_1.htm

Now I'm not sure if that will lead to a utility, but at least I tried right?

Anyways, what windows os are you running on?

You have no need to add more fans, your temps are perfectly normal. And apparently temp monitoring utilities have a build they're supposed to follow, funny, I never knew that. In fact you'll want to look at the program you're using for the correct information of where the temp is coming from.

Nechen said:
A reason as to why heat is all the sudden a huge issue

and

Where to get a REALIBLE system monitor utility

1. When was the last time you clean the dust out of your computer. For me, I make it a habit of cleaning the dust from my CPU Fan and other places before summer hits (which has been the case all ready down here)

2. I have found that the motherboard's can be way out. Like i have seen 90c on a AMD Athlon Xp once with a motherboard untility. The cpu should be on fire at that stage.
And I once used a 3rd party utility, only to get 135c (which I know is wrong)
I found the most relable tool has been hardware monitoring devices. Eg. Thermaltake Hardcano 12. I got one of these, and they are on the ball with the system temp. Plus the fact that they give you fan control is a bonus too.
HOWEVER, they are over priced for what they do.

Demalii said:
so since you're running an amd 2800, your temps are fine, but unfortunately your eyes aren't...

"Home > Support > Motherboard > Download Center "
http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/DownloadCenter/DownloadCenter_1.htm

Now I'm not sure if that will lead to a utility, but at least I tried right?

Anyways, what windows os are you running on?

You have no need to add more fans, your temps are perfectly normal. And apparently temp monitoring utilities have a build they're supposed to follow, funny, I never knew that. In fact you'll want to look at the program you're using for the correct information of where the temp is coming from.

hehe no thats only for Intel boards...I run XP professional. My computer is dust free and I got a fan in the front and back and on the site of my case sooo I dunno whats wrong hehe

^right on..
wow xp pro getting a blue screen.. when does this happen? While playing games? browsing the web?.. when your rig is idling?

i say you should check your video card out.. it could be going dead or is overheating which is causing errors.. maybe you can try it on another computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom