Overheat? Plz help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molson

Baseband Member
Every since I installed a geforce fx 5600 256 mb, programs such as AIDA32 have reported that my mother board temperature is around 70 celcius!!! AHhhh! However I think this is incorrect. But the thing is two different programs report this. When I reboot into BIOS and check my temps, for a SPLIT SECOND it says my CPU, not mobo, temp is 85 celcius!! And then right away it goes down to 40 and my mobo to 26. What's going on here and what can I do to fix it?

is there any card below ur graphic card...if there is u should move it because it could be poor air flow........if this doesnt help u should consider buying more case fans and a better cpu fan/heatsink like a thermaltake

There is a DLINK wirless card under it, I think 2 slots under it. I used to have a radeon 9200 128mb with the same setup and the temps were fine. I have a p4 2.8 ghz and it came with a fan thats at 2800 rpm. The nvidia also has a small fan on it. But like I said, when I reboot and go into the bios the temps are normal. Someon on another forum suggested a bad sensor. If this is the case, how can I check and fix that? What is a sensor anyways? Thanks.

Yea but here's the thing. When I enter BIOS it only says the CPU is at 80c for A SPLIT SECOND and then it changes to 40c. And 2 different programs are both showing 70c on the mobo. What is a sensor????? If it is messed up should i replace it?

I've got a full layout of the mobo (it's an X533) but unfortunately I can't see a thermistor/diod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom