Overclocking my ram - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 11-29-2004, 04:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Overclocking my ram

my system,and games run fine at ddr200 but when i try and turn it up to ddr333 i run into problems about 30 minutes into games. The game will crash without warning. I have a shuttle as45gt mobo and ddr33 is fully supported. For this board ddr 400 is not fully supported and tested but has timings for it. I have the latest bios and drivers for all components on my system. I have 5 case fans, so cooling shouldnt be a problem and it's winter here in colorado so i play with both windows in my room open just to be safe. Lately i have tried uping the Vdimm voltages and VDDQ to see if that would help and thus far it hasnt. I'm not giving up tho, i was wondering if anyone had any ideas i havnt tried yet. I am using gig of pc2700 kingston valueram, but have tried other brands including corsair xms and OCZ performance ram with no better results. i have tried setting CAS lat to 2 2.5 and 3 and none of those options work any better. Currently it is at 2.5 because that is what the Ram is rated at. I have tried going with just one stick and then the other, and have tried memtest, its not the memory its something else i can't put my finger on, maybe the board is just dated and crappy to begin with but i REALLY dont want to upgrade my board. Any thoughts would be appretiated. I really want to play at ddr333 its a huge jump in frames for me and a good 400 points on 3dmark03's benchmark.
Closed Thread