OverClocking - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 06-11-2005, 12:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Send a message via AIM to NickBrown7804
Default OverClocking

Ok so i overclocked a buddies 3.2 to a 3.38 and the temperature didnt change a bit. Im asuming thats a very good thing so im wondering if i should keep going or just let it go at that?

Sometimes I wonder if I\'m enough a nerd to do this...

Intel P4 3.6 Intel LGA775 board.
Nvidia BFG 6800 GT OC PCI-e.
Ultra 600W power supply unit.
2 80 gig Maxtor (raid0) 160 gig (bulk)
OCZ 2048MB 4200 DDR2 (2 x1024MB)
ThermalTake. Tornado primary.
19\" LG LCD
Old 06-11-2005, 12:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
I Rule You
Send a message via AIM to FadingTheory Send a message via Yahoo to FadingTheory

I'm assuming your talking about a P4.

Overclock slowly untill you hit the spot with errors. Then take a few steps back.

Iraq... whee.
Old 06-11-2005, 12:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Monster Techie

See the basic guide to overclocking in the overclocking section of the forums.
Old 06-11-2005, 04:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Techie

That O.C is VERY small, it doesn't surprise me your temps haven't increased. Increase the FSB in small steps and the run prime95(google it, then download it) for a few minutes afterwards. If don't get errors/problems after 5 mins of running the 3rd torture test (blended) you can keep increasing the FSB. Once you have increased the FSB by a good bit run the same test but for 12 hours. If you get errors you might have to increase your Voltage,if you don't get errors continue with small steps increasing the FSB. The whole reason you test using Prime95 is to make sure your system is stable. If you O.C your buddie's computer you probably know what your doing (If not you could fry your buddie's computer, so make sure you know what your doing. When you decide to O.C you take the chance of something bad happening to your system. You also shorten the life of your hardware because of the increased performance by O.C) Anyways the whole thing with O.C is taking your time, and if you don't know ASK! I just O.C my computer from a 2.4GHz to a 2.9GHz (small O.C) and 3 months ago i didn't know computer hardware could be O.C'ed or for that matter what O.C'ing is! I read as much as possible on O.C'ing from this fourm and others and then i asked questions on what i wasn't sure about. Basically the people on this board taught me how to O.C. BTW- Click on search button above and type in Overclocking, Overclock,Intel,AMD, ect.... Then read those fourms, you'll gain a lot of knowledge from those posts. Hope this Helps!
512kb L2 Cache S478/ Zalman 7000B-AlCu cooler
Antec Solution Series 3700AMB Case 350W
XFX GEFORCE 6800GS VF700-AlCu VGA cooler
Benq Lightscribe 16x DVD ReWriter
Philips 17\" MONITOR
LG 52X24X52 CD-RW
Logitech MX518 Optical Mouse
Closed Thread