overclockin memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
nonononono

DONT get 2 gigs

2 gigs suck for overclocking and you're never even going to use up to 1 gig of memory

just get one gig of OCZ platinum Rev2's

um. theres no choice for the platinum ocz cards... will the gold work just as well.im at the monarch custom desktop configerator

sorry..found it...
adding it to the system..
so my system should be all set?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820146890

those ram..right?

f it's those, then you're all set

however,i would make these changes:

1.) i'd get a 160gb sata hdd from seagate instead (much quieter)
2.) that light scribe stuff is crap; go with an NEC 3510A dvd-rw
3.) if you plan on upgrading to a newer graphics card using the same computer, i suggest you take a look at their enermax power supplies with SLI support (the 525W and 600W)

i dont understand ur third suggestion.. my motherboard cant suport sli ..can it? pls look at the specs i provided, since im not sure i get what ur saying.. also, by upgrading do u mean getting a second identical gpu to use in an sli config?

the Ultra-D is kind of a SLI board, it has two PCI-E slots, but it's bandwidth is different than SLI...theres an easy mod though that can turn the Ultra-D into a SLI board.

His voltage is fine as long as he keeps it cool codeine. I have to use 1.85 through my stock 1.35v XP-M to get 2.5GHz, yes it's a much bigger OC than his, but still I've put 2.225v trying to get 2.8GHz stable....the older chips need a good amount of voltage and his particular CPU isn't known to be a great OC'er by anymeans, so as long as it's cool it's aright....but he needs to make sure that that's DEFINITELY his limit as far as voltage per Mhz go

is my system the best for ocing?
what is the best method to oc my current system.. thanks

no, the power supply is just SLI compliant, meaning it will work with SLI machines (it has 34A @ 12V, which is pretty powerful so it can support your computer in ase you upgrade again; the power supply has nothing to do with SLI)

and if you want to OC, then you should get an aftermarket HSF (such as zalman 7700cu) and a tube of arctic silver 5

there is only one method to OC'ing dude....watch temps, give voltage when needed, take your time if you don't know what you're doing, read read read and do more reading....and just when you think you've read it all, read some more.....go in incremental steps and always use the BIOS to OC....

With some luck and a little bit of skill that venice should hit ATLEAST 2.6GHz if not higher quite easily with a good air solution...stock heatsink aint gonna cut it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom