Over clocking an AMD 3000+

Status
Not open for further replies.

emeraldice

Daemon Poster
Over clocking an AMD 64 3000+

Anyone have an idea of how far i can overclock an AMD 64 3000+ w/ just stock cooling? Or just what's the max temps that an 64-bit 3000+ can stablilly run?

Future AMD 64 3000+ owner....

-thanx in advance-

I've seen up to 2.4+ GHz (3400+) claimed.

I am getting one as well tomorrow, as well, and would also appriciate any information on overclocking this CPU. I know it has a lot to do with the motherboard (UT Lanparty 250 GB nForce3) and the specific CPU, but some general limits would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

that's a lot...how hot do you think that'll run?
I think i'm gunna hafta couple stock cooling w/ a stock 300 watt power supply...maybe i can trick myself into getting me nicer fans and power supply.

Oh sure credit solutions. The reason AMD is keeping up w/ Intel is becuase its superior architecture. Part of the superior architecture is that the FSB is integrated into the CPU (or something to that extent). Architecture advances like these enable the AMD CPUs to preform up about 150% better than similar Intels w/ similar clock speeds.

Your thinking of HTT.

Which the Athlon XP does not have

EDIT: If you were talking about the AMD 64 3000+ all this time, my apologies. You didnt clarify, so I assumed you meant the 3000 XP

oh...very sry every one...i'll go edit my post. Yea...at least i'm buying an AMD 64 3000+. I dunno 'bout the other guy, fadingtheory.

*edit*
HAHA...falling theory...my apologies....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom