out of range

Status
Not open for further replies.

biovat

Solid State Member
Hello i have a custom built intel p4 1.7 Ghz 256mb Ram PC2700
and onboard video ECS MOBO
I recently purchased a ATI 9600XT to replace the onboard video
now I disabled and uninstalled the onboard graphics and now when i run it in the card it won't work and when i try to run without the card it says "Out of Range" on screen. Can someone please tell me what this means.

what does the card do? Out Of Range means probobly since yuo dont have the earlier drivers in, you cant see anything.

no i cant even get into bios nothing black screen with graphics card and a wierd beep and out of range. Is it a mobo problem or what could it be

could be a mobo problem... seems like it's not reading the new video card.. you need to throw another video card into your motherboard and see if it works, if not, you know where to start.. Also put your new video card into another system and see if it works with that card, then you'll know if the card is good or bad

Thanks for the asdvice on the card swapping. Tried it and it still the same. Game guru, any suggestions on how to put the old drivers when i cant even get into bios its like the onboard isnt even working.

This will sound stupid but first make sure the plugs are all secure in your vid card. Make sure everything is working and that you have a good monitor, try that and then reply back.

no no help is ever stupid and thank you for the help. All things are secure and same result on 4 monitors. now what??? lol craziest problem

Make sure the card is secure, and then if it is make sure that your mobo supports that card and the type, I beleive it is 8x. If your mobo doesnt support that then you should think about getting a new one. Sorry for not having any more help dude, thats all I can think of...

have you set the BIOS to initialize the AGP card first? Have you disabled the onboard video in the BIOS? Finally, try resetting the CMOS jumper - that will reset the BIOS to default specs, which should enable the onboard graphics, from there you can start over with necessary BIOS settings and try to install the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom