Other good oc ram - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 07-21-2005, 09:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Other good oc ram

Hey guys, i know this is a repetitive question but ive been getting different answers so id greatly appreciate it. First off i was going to get some TwinMos 2x512 ram off newegg but i guess its gone now ?? Anyway it was pretty cheap like 83.75 and heard it was good for some ocing. Now that its gone is there any others that you guys recommend? I know of the high end G Skill, ect.

I need a 2x512 ram under 150 definately around 100 would be awesome that would be decent at overclocking. Im not to sure of how to look at the timings and how they effect overclocking.

So ive been hearing that OCZ is great but im alittle lost on which ones. i keep hearing get the VX ones?? Anyway if someone could give alittle insight.

O btw i got dfi lanparty nF4 Ultra-D, AMD 64 3200+ 939 Venice, Antec Neopower, Zalman 7700CU heatsink and fan, and artic silver 5 compound. So i think im pretty set for some decent air cooling and power supply.

Old 07-21-2005, 09:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS

OCZ Gold VX is worth looking at in that range, should be pretty cheap for you American's

These are OCZ Gold VX, their's a few other types of RAM americans may want to consider, and I do not keep track of all the best cheapest ram.

Their's also cheap stuff like PQI Turbo's which, and some people may get angry but Kingston Hyper X has dropped in price alot and is worthwhile to consider

Old 07-21-2005, 09:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Cool for the suggestions DJ-Chris.
Closed Thread