Ordering Parts Today -- Please Advise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok first thing's first.

eVGA is the best buy as far as nVIDIA goes, if you have heat problems you can always get a custom HSF for the GPU and it will work 10x better than the Leadtek HSF. Leadtek is more money for...a big HSF, which in most cases won't do THAT much for that money, if you are going to overclock you will want something besides stock HSF's anyways.

Why get that HDD, it's only 37 GB. You should go for a 120 GB SATA with just 7200 RPM unless you really need the 10,000 RPM. The 120GB is nearly half the price too.

Other than that, the system looks pretty nice.

Trifid said:
Seriously stick with 2 7.2k HDD in RAID 0 as you get a bigger boost from that than having 2 10k hdd.

1. how much faster will the two 10k hdds be than two 7.2k hdds?

2. is raid 0 hard to set up (for a noob)?

Heyyo,

Ya know what? I second that guru. You're gonna be sapping a lot of HD space with mapping n' such, space in your case is plenty more important that speed. You probably will barely feel the diff between the 2, it's mainly just specs on paper, in real life if you got them both to compile a level, I'd probably have a difference in maybe 10-30 seconds man. That's like standing up, streching for a few seconds, relax your eyes (you're supposed to look 10 seconds off your monitor every 20-30 mins anywho to keep them in prime shape), maybe get a quick drink and come back. There, more healthy than testing that level out right away now ain't it? ;)

Ahh, I just stretched, ain't it great how you get that little surge of pain, then you feel somekindof natural body painkillers kick in? :)

The un-real world:

2582.png

The real world, game loading times:

2584.png

I can't find the benchtest for the RAID'ed 7.2k hdd but they give a better performance than 1 hdd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom