Optimizing for Video editing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrzeeedler

Daemon Poster
Okay so I have a question for someone far more inteligent then me. Im getting into video editing BIG, and i need to optimize my pc because i cant afford a new one and a new camera. I have a 2.26 ghz, 768mb rambus, 100gb wd hard drive, nvidia 4600ti video card. I am down to 23gb's of used space. 7.7 is kazaa and it used to be 15 gb in kazaa but i delted all my videos. I was looking into getting an scsi as my main drive but my mobo dont support anything but ide. Im not sure if runnning a 20gb as my windows and programs files only would be good or not. THen having my 100 as the place for everything else. Because with the *cough 2500 songs i have cough* might be slowing my comp down? Basically all i am going to have is 3400 bucks which is my camera only and i cant buy any computer parts till i get money after that. So is there any reccomendations?

One more question also. When i boot my machine i get a the windows xp blue screen (this is normal) then it goes to black screen flashing a cursor for about 1 min(this is not normal). Im not sure what this is, but it makes booting take quite a while. THe only thing that boots on startup is aim and norton and like 1 more commen startup thing but not anything else. Im not sure hot to fix this is, if anyone knows what im talking about.

thanks,
kevin

i have no idea... obviously not hardware causing the problem. hmm... maybe go into management... or see if nything is running at startup.

also *ctrl+alt+del

c what processes are running... If im not really confused, you mean the welcome screen or something, not ur boot screen, right?

ok well good luck, i dont thing what I said was at all useful, but happy troubleshootilng nyways lol
Al

I don't know what the problem is, but I would recommend saving your data and reinstalling the operating system and software. this time around use Ghost to image your partition so if something happens it takes 5-10 mins to restore everything back to normal.

your computer is plenty fast enough it is overkill to buy a new computer. i would advise you just get another hard disk if you need more storage. any drive or partition that is separate from the one your winXP was installed on will not slow down winXP unless you installed software to those other places or you have low disk space. again I would recommend reinstall XP, you probably have a million programs installed or low disk space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom