Optimizing my video settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

tOny mOnt4n4

In Runtime
Hey,
I recently purchased an Ati radeon 9600 xt and im not that great with computers and such, so could anyone tell me any settings i could change that would help computer games (like counter strike) run faster without the choppy graphics? thanks

Check your Bios to ensure the VGA card is set to 8X. What's the rest of your system? The problem you have might not be the video card.

You got directx 9b and window updates.Is no kind of sure.You ether have done the up date.As soon as you buy it off the shelf there are up dates.

for the vga theres a scale it say 1x-4x and its at 4, and in the installation guide it says to update the latest agp drivers for my motherboard chipset, i think mine is via but i dont know how to install it

Need to find out who makes your board.Should be a site with driver's. K lets try this the easy way. When you turn on your puter should give you a chance at going into the bios.For mine its hitting del.When you go into the bios. Should be a long number combination on bottom right .Searching thath number should find your motherboard.Also it should be on your board soem where.

Ok , i pressed delete and blue screen comes up with a bunch of options. What do i do now, i dont see the number combo u were talking about :(

Should be in there somewhere.Pull the plug to yuor puter and open it up.Should be somethign stamped on your motherboard to identify it. Alos the numbers should be visable when you boot up but they flash by quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom