"optimize x300"

Status
Not open for further replies.

illmatic1

Baseband Member
Whenever I play BF2 (using default settings) I notice that it seems to "stutter" when I'm only walking. I tried lowering the settings but I still notice it. I just installed catalyst 6.14 onto my pc. Is there any way I can "optimize" my X300, so I will have smoother gameplay?

Specifications
* Intel P4 Processor 560J with HT (3.60GHz1, 1MB L2 Cache)
* 1GB PC-3200 400MHz DDR (512MB x 2)
* 250GB2 7200rpm Serial ATA Hard Drive
* ATI Radeon® X300 (128MB Video Memory)
* Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005

well, as an expreienced x300 user, i can truthfully say that they SUCK. if it has a fan, and a temperature sensor, then you could try overclocking it, but without a sensor, it would be a bit risky.

what i did was buy an x800gto, for £120, (about 1/2 a year ago) and it improved my gaming power SO much.

The X300 sucks. I have it on my dell and it's horrible. Your computer is a dell right? If so your also going to probably need a new power supply if you upgrade your graphics card. The only way to optimize games would be to overclock the card and don't run any programs in the background.

theres a tweak with BF2 that may drop stuttering.

try typing into the console

pb_sleep [500]
and then type in
pb_writecfg or it may be pb_write cfg

Either way this changes Punkbuster from checking your HD every 20 seconds, to every 500 seconds. Punkbuster/Evenbalance even reccomends this change, and so it will not get you in any trouble what so ever. Helped me out a bunch, but then again, I have a high end system and therfor shouldn't have any stuttering.

May help with you.

i have a 6600 and it studders on mid-hi settings at 800x600. is the 6600 good enough for bf2

reggie_da_man said:
T If so your also going to probably need a new power supply if you upgrade your graphics card.

pah... my dell 305w handles the mobo and a 7900gt no problems! heehee. i run all the drives, fans, lights etc off a secondary 145w psu, and it runs like a dream.

also, i completed F.E.A.R on an X300SE...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom