optical mouse having movement issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTHM_NNY-777

Beta member
yes, i AM a newbie, see my introduction here

ok,down to business. on the subject of my optical mouse, it hasnt been having many problems lately, but it's movement is still jumpy since i've been using a notebook for a mousepad. the jumpyness irritates me to no end, and it also affects anything i'm trying to work with, especially while playing online games

before using the notebook, i'd move my mouse in any direction, and after about a minute, for no reason, the cursor would jump to the bottom right, or upper left. while playing any games, this would change my movement, and in TFC (Team Fortress Classic -first person shooter) this would result in my character spinning, uncontrolably, in circles for about 30 seconds with nothing i could do to stop the cursor's movement.

basically, after moving my mouse for X minutes time it would move, for no explainable reason, to a corner and freeze there for
Y seconds time.

If it makes any difference, it is a Microsoft Wireless Optical.
HARDWARE - Microsoft USB Wireless Optical Mouse

i have reinstalled the drivers multiple times, but this does not seem to help.

What operating system are you using?

Did the mouse do this before you installed the drivers?

Optical mice are very picky about the surface you use them on, mayeb you should get a mouse pad designed for optical mice?

I just brought my wife a microsoft wireless keyboard and wireless optical mouse. The cursor would drop down and left on her every few minutes.
Comments from others on Amazon and Circuit City stated they had the same problem.
I checked drivers and fooled with mouse software controls (since someone said that solved their problem). Problem still occured, just not as frequently.
Mouse is retired but the keyboard works great.
My Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse (optical) work just fine.

probably batterys, all i can say.

anyways, if that mouse isnt rechargeable ur asking for alot of money to be spent =p

i bought logitech keyboard + mouse wireless rechargeable, 130 canadian, its doing good.!
my sister use to have no rechargeable and her money went retarded when it came to batterys =p

This problem happen to me before but with a wired microsoft optical mouse....the solution for me was to buy a new mouse and it worked great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom