Originally posted by jbowman101
Here are my ideas so far :
1. DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D
2. Leadtek A400 GT GeForce FX6800 GT 256MB TV/DVI, AGP8X
3. AMD Athlon64 3800+ Retail - Socket 939 - Venice Core
4. Antec Antec P180, Performance One, ATX MidiTower Case
5. OCZ PowerStream 520W Ultra-Quiet ATX PSU
6. Corsair 1024MB XMS2700 - TwinX - Extra Low Latency DDR RAM (2 x 512MB)
7. Seagate Barracuda NCQ 120GB 7200rpm ATA150 Serial ATA HDD - 8MB Cache X 2
That is a very good video card, and it has the best stock cooling out of all of them, but you will need the PCI Express version. Also, if you are going to spend that much on the CPU, just get a 3700+ San Diego core instead.
No, the motherboard does not have an AGP slot. It has a PCI Express slot, which is going to replace AGP. The benefit of the San Diego core is that it has 1MB of L2 cache, versus the 512K on the venice. It is also 90nm.