Opinions about OCZ EL Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might want to consider redflagdeals as a buying option especially if you're interested in RAM as a lifetime warranty will cover any problems regardless if it's used and dies. Great memory pops up there all the time that's an endangered species here, and at damn good prices too.

Anyways, the Golds are decent RAM, not the best of the best, but they can hit pretty decent speeds and are worth their money for someone who can't afford some TCCDs.

well as the description even tells you, the VX line really only thrives when given lots of voltage, so if he doesn't have a board that can adequately support that or simply doesn't care about overclocking he should choose something else

EDIT: Why did you make this thread twice? :confused:

OCZ Platinum rev. 2 PC3200 is available for $275 cdn.. If you want to spend an additional $65 bucks that is :)..

I was thinking the same. From the choice of RAM, im guessing he will be OC, along with him being your friend. But OCZ Gold is still good RAM, hell their are people OC here on value RAM. Nubius does make a valid point about the voltage issue. But since hes builting a system, just get some type of board that has those sort of voltage options. So thats a problem you can aviod. The only thing that determines if this RAM can be a liability, depends on how much OC he's looking forward too.

DJ, take that stuff of me out from your sig.

Ok fine :) I knew it was a joke and it was funny.

The board will be an Ultra-D so we can give it up to 4 volts if it's needed.

Sorry for making 2 thread's btw, I thought i didnt hit submit, so I hit submit

And where are these 275$ REV 2's in Canada?

DJ-CHRIS said:
And where are these 275$ REV 2's in Canada?

It's a computer store within driving distance of my house. You can order online of course. Overall, not too many complaints about the store. Probably not as reliable as ncix, but definitely better than Canada Computers. And the price matching policy of ncix might be useful here since these guys have a full e-comerce website. :)

Link: http://pccanada.com/inventory.asp?cat=MEMORY
Search for: OCZ4001024ELDCPER2

These guys are ALWAYS the first to come with the cheapest prices in memory. They were the first to lower the Premier Series to like $145. After like a month, everyone else followed suit. :D

Be warned, those Rev2s will most likely be using tcc5 chips which can account for the lower price.

Yeah. That may be Gaara. But, honestly is that much of a problem you think? tcc5 vs tccd that is. I remember hearing that u just need to give it a "little" bit more juice if its tcc5. I think people have hit 300 MHz under 3 V..

Little is known about tcc5 at the moment, I've gotten a couple of mixed messages. Some people have been hitting walls at 260MHz with the tcc5 and others still have it hitting 300MHz with no flaws. It does seem that the tcc5s do like a little bit more vDIMM than the tccds but it hasn't been covered extensively yet so I honestly couldn't tell you.

Once I get my venice back from RMA I'll have to test this set out and see how it goes, hopefully then I can reach a conclusion and give you guys some feedback. I do know that if these can't hit 275MHz I'll most likely be sending them back to OCZ till I get some chips that can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom