only getting sound out of one speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjones151

Beta member
i've had this problem for a couple months now

i am only getting sound out of one speaker. The same goes for when i use headphones.

i tried re-installing the sound card and it didn't help

all the levels are set correctly.

anyone know what else i could try?

You've gone through every audio control panel possible, from the speaker in the bottom right to going to the sound control panel and making sure one of the sliders isn't accidentally pushed to one side. Have you had a format and installed the card and it still remain with only sound in one headphone or did it just all of a sudden stop playing in the other speaker?

yes i've gone through every audio control panel

it all of a sudden just stopped playing out of one speaker.

i guess it could be an electrical problem inside the case i'm not sure tho

Restart your PC in MS-DOS mode, and then do the fallowing:
Type C:\winsoundA.exe
then in new window go to File and Speakers
And then go to Find and search for SP2tOf
if you dont have it type it in at the end of the code like this
{
speak=SP2tOf;
}
good luck

Hmmmmm....maybe something happened to your speakers and now only one works? If you have other speaker lying around, plug them in and see if they work. If they do, then there are probs with your original speakers. If they give same probs, it's your sound card.

Hmmmmm....maybe something happened to your speakers and now only one works? If you have other speaker lying around, plug them in and see if they work. If they do, then there are probs with your original speakers. If they give same probs, it's your sound card.
....yeah he already stated he plugged in headphones and sound only came out of one side on those two.

ok, then. Something's wrong with the sound card. What kind is it? Was there a storm or something the day this problem started? Cause our internet is messed up due to a storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom