One of Top-4 Mobo Makers Will Quit After 3 Years, MSI VP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
One of Top-4 Mobo Makers Will Quit After 3 Years, MSI VP

MSI product VP Henry Lu believes that one of the top four motherboard makers will drop out of the market after 3 years due to the limited market expansion, Digitimes reports. If he's right, say goodbye to either ASUS, Gigabyte, ECS, or MSI.

Notebook shipments recently hit the critical industry milestone of surpassing those of desktop PCs, pointed out Lu. Additionally, shipments of motherboards and graphics cards have been on the decline since the third quarter of 2008 indicating that the market will not see any further expansion, Lu said. The exit of some second-tier motherboard makers mean the market will be able to support the top-four makers over the next three years, but not much beyond that, Lu predicted.

I'm not sure how ECS is called a top mobo maker.. It would be a shame to say good bye to any of those companies other than ECS...

I think they are on about volume peter, not the quality that a tech would ask for.

Yeah. ECS makes a lot of the mobos for pre-builts. The others make some, but not in the bulk ECS does.

doesn't ecs do like Acer/Emachines/Gateway boards most of the time? cause i know asus does HP's.

and would the company depart from mobo's totally? or just for prebuilts?

You know the gunny thing I have this old junker next to me from compaq and I aam sure the mobo is from gigabyte not the type of boxed mobo we would buy but a honest to goodness OEM mobo.

I prefer Gigabyte over Asus, so in the order of me caring of their future:

1. Gigabyte
2. Asus
3. MSI
4. ECS

Im not too into MSI either. I usually stick to Gigabyte, Asus and Biostar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom