Which one I wonder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panther5060

In Runtime
Which motherboard should I use. Im an overclocker with a twitch to press the delete key when the computer posts :)

P4P800-E Delux

or

P4C800-E Delux

The system is going to be a high-end workstation for biz apps/multimedia, and some light to mid line gaming.

specs:
W2k Professional (gee is that the same cd-key as the one on my other system, i truely dont know)
p4 2.4C O/C to as high as I can get it (3.4-3.6ghz is what most people get so im hoping :))
512mb-1gb OCZ Gold Edition Rev2 DChannel pc4000 ram
Powercolor ATI Radeon 9600PRO w/ 128mb ddr vram/128-bit
Creative S/B Audigy 2 Value SCard (i hate onboard audio...)
WD 80GB SATA hdd

a basic system :D

Definitely the P4C800-E Deluxe. Trust me it is worth the extra money. This thing is a beast and I have not had any reliability problems with it at all (see my sig for system specs), and I even use AsusUpdate to flash the BIOS through windows. Also it has a performance mode for the RAM, which is just sweet, improved my 3dmark scores anyway.

Also have you heard about the new ASUS pentium mobile adapter card? It works on the P4C800-E Deluxe as well as other ASUS socket 478 motherboards, I'm thinking about going this route as well. Basically you pop the card in the socket and put in a Pentium mobile processor on top. Then you can easily overclock it way high on just simple air cooling. The benchmarks I saw on the article are amazing. Apparently with just half a ghz overclocking on air and the thing was benching as good as an FX-55!!!

holy SH*T...

are you serious??? I bet pentium Ms cost a hella lot of money though, and they max at what 2.0 ghz... I must read up on pentium Ms as this could be a very valuable little enterprise :D:amazed:

2.0ghz pentium M is ~$300, which isn't a lot for something that benches as good as the FX-55 and overclocks pretty good

the 2.2 is ~$600, but the extra 0.2 gig doesn't really mater

Yes, it's beginning to seem like a very viable options for me. I am a little sick of my processor running so hot. And the idea of switching to a processor that uses less power, runs cooler, and yet can be made more powerful than my current processor and other high-end processors like the FX-55, seems intrigueing...

hmm, for 50$ more i could more than likely get 3-4X more performance than a p4 2.4c processor...

now, to do my research before im stuck halfway done with the build looking sh*tfaced....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom