In one of an enthusiast's day dreams...

Status
Not open for further replies.

yzmxer608

Fully Optimized
I, like I assume what most of you do too, daydream about hardware and mods we want to to throughout the day, have thought of a problem that would be pretty cool to solve. I was looking at this build log: Project: Angel and thought "would be cool if he had push pull on all of those rads", then I thought "would be even cooler if they were hooked to fan controllers". Having 4 6 channel fan controllers would be annoying, having to adjust each knob if you wanted to change their speed. So I thought of maybe a fan hub, but those don't let you adjust the power on the molex connector(s). Hmmmm, wonder if there is anything that would let you do that. So I did some searching and found this: Sidewinder 50 Watt Rheostat - Sleeved!.

So if you had the molex connector from the motherboard, then plugged it into the female end of the rheostat, then plugged the male end of the rheostat into something like this: Sunbeam Multi-Fan Power Port Products Model: MFPP [MFPP] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come, would that allow you to adjust the amount of power going into the fan hub thus allowing you to adjust the speed of 6 fans with one knob? 4 knobs would be better than 24.

Maybe I'm crazy for thinking of stuff like this, I most likely won't ever need to do something like this (at least in the near future :devil:). I just like to think of things and try to figure out solutions to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom