Onboard Video?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that even if you got a mobo with onboard video, you could buy a video card later on and then use that with the current mobo. I thought there was some way to just install the new video while keeping the same mobo and RAM. What would prevent me from just installing a 9600xt once I get the money for it? Why can't I just upgrade instead of buying a new mobo, RAM, and video card?

Cappy, I'm not sure what you're talking about because it says very clearly on the site that that mobo has an AGP slot... Thanks for the help though guys.

hehe i dont no what im talking about :eek: . Actually i didnt visit the link .So im impressed to see that MB Manufactures are intergrating a better OB Video Option on an AGP board .
I guess they finally listened to the customers .The last AGP MB i purchased with OB Video was an 8 mb . So this is good to see .
Abit has allways been a solid board :) .
Disreguard my previous illusion , its a conspiracy attitude :)

One reason might be able to have a more saleable item,or 2nd system,but i'd use the AGP slot for better video.I havn't used onboard since my Atari STE wit 4 mb of ram,a real powerhouse at the time.
TV and audio out to my home stereo 300 watt amp and 32 " monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom