OMG!!! I'm panicing

Status
Not open for further replies.
GrimReaper23 said:
OMG!!! I'm panicing
Ew, stay over there. Find a rag or something.

Once yer done...panicing...you can get back to panicking.

Like Nubius said, just take it out and look at it. If it's cracked, you'll know right away. Otherwise, just slop it back in and fire it up. If it fries, what can you do?

Depending on the type of lever on yer mobo, they make all kinds of sounds. From silent, to thump, to clang, to thwack! I even had one snap off. Relax. What's the worse you can do? Break yer chip? It's not the end of the world.

Wow, I'd consider shooting myself if I had cancer or something, but not over a broken CPU. I think there's help for your kind of addiction.

this is normal, the lever is simply tighening the pins to make a firm connection. after installation, turn it on then see what it does. You shouldn't have went high dollar on your first build

Why not spend alot of money on his 1st build? He wants it to last more than a week before uprgrading.

woot6600GT said:
Why not spend alot of money on his 1st build? He wants it to last more than a week before uprgrading.
Because if you don't know what yer doing, and you make a fundamental mistake because of it, you're out more money.

It's always best to build yer first box on old or cheap parts. You don't buy a Maserati and then do your very first engine rebuild on it.

Your CPU is not going to snap. It's quite hard, if you've ever 'tried' to snap one.

If you do bend a pin, use a mechanical pencil (the kind you fill with sticks of lead) to straighten it out.

Put the business end on the pin, down to the bend. Slowly straighten it back out, and there ya go.

Trotter said:
...use a mechanical pencil (the kind you fill with sticks of lead) to straighten it out.
There are other kinds of mechanical pencils that don't use sticks of lead?

is 200 USD a lot of money for a computer? i spent 1500 AUS dollars on my computer. and i didn't even get top of the range. man prices in america must be cheap as.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom