old PIONEX PC - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 04-09-2004, 04:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Default old PIONEX PC

Hello, after alot of bad words and replacing almost everything in the jinxed old PIONEX with a biostar M5ALA board it started to act like it did when it was new, froze up all the time, I had also noticed that when I would take off the cover it would seem awful warm inside so for the heck of it I made a couple little brackets and put 2 more fans in I had laying around, so now it has 5 fans, the one on the CPU, the one in the power supply, the one in the side of the case, and the 2 more I put in, one blowing at the hard drive and the other blowing at the plug in cards and it ended the freezing problem, even with the underwater screensaver which was the worse one for freezing the thing up. This is with a AMD K6-2 500 CPU and 2 sticks of 64 and 1 of 32 x 100 dimm and 12 gig hard drive. This thing has never worked so good as it has been lately. I had problems from the first day we got it. I have another 6 gig hard drive I want to add to it but it is working so good I hate to mess with it any more, LOL. TomW
Drag racer and snowmobiler trying to learn computers.
Closed Thread