old pc operating system

Status
Not open for further replies.

talldude123

Banned
i found a PC off ebay (just a page of it, i didnt buy it)

the specs are: Pentium 233 MMX, 2.1 GB HD, 64 MB RAM, 32X CD-ROM.

which operating system would run best on it? windows 95, 98, 2000? This specific one has DSL Linux 1.5 installed on it.

P.S. where can i get information on the latest linux release?

okay...the link doesnt work, but hear me out:

intel pentium 233 mhz, 3 GB HD, 65 MB RAM,
Windows XP Media Centre SP2 installed

are people that stupid?

Yes, People are that stupid, stupid is just a word meaning that they don't have the nessicary information to make "better" decisions, at least thats how we "techies" see it.

yep...

people think that xp will run fine on 64 MB of RAM, even though its painfully slow, and you wont be able to run basic things...

i didn't even know XP would start within two hours on 64meg of ram...dang....i mean it's bad enough running it on 256meg....hmm and i bet thay say they can play BattleField 2 on it too right? LOL

when xp sp1 was out with new systems, they usually had 128 MB RAM. Now, the cheapest computer has 256 MB RAM. I was lucky to see ONE computer at Best Buy with 1 Gig of RAM...people are so dumb....memory is cheap, upgrade it!

WinXP - is a real hog. It needs some 400-500mhz to run smoothly (from processor speed point). I have large experience of installing Win2000 on Pentium 1 and 2 machines. Win2k will run PERFECTLY on Pentium1 even 100mhz, with only condition that it has at least 128mb ram. If it has only 64mb - forget about 2k and XP of course. Win2k, when installed , clean , w/o additional programs eats ~50-60 of ram out of the box. So trying to _work_ (not just boot) a XP or 2K with 64mb of ram - is simply stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom