Old Motherboard - Big HDD, P3 450 or Cel 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genxcop

Beta member
I need some suggestions that will let me use P3 450 or Cel 500 with SD RAM. That will support big hdds.

the problem is i tried to update my MB bios and the flashing stuffed up on 97%... so now my MB is dead. I don't want to even bother fixing it because it can't take my 80gig hdd.

Now i want a MB that will take big hdds such as my 80gig while i don't have to replace everything in my system.

Thanx in advance

If you know where to buy it, tell me that also:p I'm in Australia Sydney btw. Thanks

SLOT 1 or SOCKET 370 CPU?

I remember selling some ASUS SLOT 1 motherboard 2 years ago. Never seen them since. BTW, that motherboard was RA stock.
I know for a fact that the P-III 450 NEVER came out at a Socket 370.

As for the SOCKET 370, you might find a SOCKET 370. It's been about 12 months since i have seen a new SOCKET 370 motherboard.

The problem you have is this.
Most people that have a Slot 1 Motherboard tend to have a Slot 1 CPU. At work, I have 2x P-III 500 CPU + WORKING MOTHERBOARD. We refuse to sell them seperately. Once every 2 weeks, I will have some one calling me up for just the SLOT 1 motherboard.

It might be time for an upgrade. I am quite sure you will be able to find some one with a LATE P-III or EARLY AMD Athlon with Motherboard.

You will still be able to keep your ram investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom