Old Hardrive need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Sniper*

Fully Optimized
ok this is from yesturday i have a old p1 and i need to configure this harddrive. it says it a 428.1 MB and on this Bios it say to configure the harddrive. But i dont know what to put there a few to pick from. its is the lettering

Cyl hd Pre LZ Sec Size

look at the hard drive itself, it should have that on there, OR surf to the manufacturers website and look it up based on the model number

Oh ya, with a really old mobo like that you will likely run into one problem, the battery backup for the BIOS is probably dead,so you can expect to have to go thru this after every time you shut the thing off

Also check to see if it has an auto detect feature in the bios. Most 386's did so your p1 should to.. also try and find a battery for the CMOS.

ok for the battery i took the whole thing apart and did not find nothing for a mobo battery. and i dont know set-up for p1's and plus i want to put red hat on it.

this thing is a socket 2. and i have a other one that a socket 7 with the mobo and cpu should i just switch the parts into that one that on has a battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom