Old hard drive on new motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoyoyo2k4

Solid State Member
Hi everybody,

My dad just bought a new processor and motherboard and give me his old pc100 with 450mhz processor. Now, I wanna take my old hard drive which I was running on an Intell P200 mhz and put it on the motherboard he gave me. I hook up everything, floppy and HD and nothing seems to happen and nothing appears on screen.

The video is onboard.

Do I need to use a boot disk? What could be the problem?

My dad was using Win XP but my hard drive has windows 98 on it... I am using onboard video.. i connected it the way it was supposed too? Should I disconnect it and put a pci video card I have? And no, I don't hear any beeps on bootup and it doesn't pick up the floppy disk either...

Thanks for your help

try hals guild. Possably the drives are not connected the right way or u connected them in backwards or maybe not even at all. Main thing is. Is the monitor on, is the power switch on. U may feel those are dumb questions but if i had a nickle for every time....
Any hoo try the psu see if thats connected to the drives. if there is no beep codes and everythigns pluged in the mobo or psu or hd is bad but they were all working before so i advice you to look at every connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom