Old assorted media archiving - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 01-20-2011, 06:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Old assorted media archiving

We have a large assortment of old storage media holding data and operation systems; because the media is getting very old we want to move it to a network storage before the old storage media goes bad.

The storage media is of many types, 9 inch real to real, TK50 and above, an assortment of floppies of different sizes, and just about any other type you can think of.

The operating systems are of many types too, we have VAX, OS9 (not MAC), Dos, HP BASIC, HP UNIX, DOS, Windows, and others.

What I need to be able to do is capture images of each media type, store it on the network, and when needed put it back on either the same media or a CD or DVD; eventually we would ideally like to deliver it over the network.

Does anyone know of software that will capture a image of ANY media type, store it on a Windows or Linux system and then allow us to put the image back on the same type of media and/or DVD or CD.

I know itís a lot, but any help would be appreciated.

Closed Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On