Okay, Now maybe this is it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh noob

Solid State Member
Good computer?

Hey guys, I'm back. Now I'm just throwing this out there. I saw this one with the 3200 AMD, 1 gig of ram, and 200 gig harddrive.

-AMD 64 3200 Retail Processor on an MSI K8N MS-7125 motherboard. Features PCI-Express, 4 ram slots and SATA capability.
-1 GB of Corsair PC 3200 (2x512)
-200 GB MAxtor hard drive 7200 RPM at 8 mb cache
-Retail ATI Radeon X800 Pro PCI-E 256 mb 256-bit, flashed to a x800 XT
-CD Burner
-Sweet side window case with neon lights infront and on side. 450 watt powersupply also

EDIT

Okay, I just got quoted for this system:

EN-NI3 Enpower Nintro4
Case, the one I already talked about
2 512 Corsair ddr ram
6600GT PCI-E 128MB
NF4SLI S939 ATX PCI-E GBT
AMD ATH 64 3500+
80 Gig 7200RPM (whats the deal with every quote having an 80 gig? I would want much more with my computer)
Floppy drive (for drivers, he said)

All coming out to around 899, because I think one of the things that I'm not taking in that quote is the aftermarked heat sink and fan, since i'm probably not going to be overclocking my computer.

So what do you think? He said to save another 70 I could downgrade to the AMD 3200 (i think). Should I? Do I need the 3500? And am I really going to need SLI? Sure its a great thing to have but I'm wondering if it is necessary for the price.

He said about 600 something, but he hasn't had any replys. So he would probably bring down the price. I just needed to know if its good.

for $600 its good. However, the X800 Pro is not a great card. Ask Beedubya. Maxtor HDs also arent as good as WD and Seagate IMO.

Stock PSUs blow with a gale force wind

Yea that seems a fair price and a decent system but nothing to write home about. Like I suggest- no compromises if you want to do things right, you must spend the money, at least $1000. What you have been offered here would be a decent but not a spectacular gaming machine

I know a few people dislike maxtor hard drives as well and I would never buy one

But it is your choice

0_0 Better than mine, get it NOW.

But he's not including peripherals, especially the monitor. A LCD will cost you $200+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom