ok, WTF photoshop is saying I dont have enough Ram to open, but it used to work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stangeroo

Baseband Member
I asked this in the software section and didnt get anything that fixed it so maybe ill try here. I have photoshop 7. It worked fine untill about a week ago when it says it doesnt have enough ram to open. It almosts opens but right before the palettes are going to open the ram message pops up and says it needs to close. I have 512MB of ram on a HP with a Pentium 4 at 3ghz and HT. I have not modified my system at all, and it worked fine then just stopped. It does it even with no other programs running, I used to beable to open it with multiple browsers open. Could my ram be messed up.:confused:

how much memory was photoshop set to use? in.. edit/preferences/memory and cache size....

I have not installed any recent OSes or programs really. The paging file is set at 1000MB. I dont remember how big of a cache PS was set to use. IS there a way to clear its cache by finding the folder? heres a pic of freemem with PS trying to open. That large spike in the middle was when I told it to free up some mem. When PS opened it is spike on the right side.

ram.jpg

also, I have reinstalled PS a number of times and it still does this. I have version 6 on my computer and it works fine

Take a picture of your processes (control, alt, del)

there should be that much ram being used just to open a program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom