ok to leave cd/dvd in drive......

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
when the pc is off?

Just i play a game alot that needs the cd and i dont want to keep taking it in and out if its ok to leave?

well initially thats what i thought, but just wanted to make sure it wouldnt harm the cd or the drive.
But then when its not in use all its doing its just sat in there so i guess its fine

My BF2 CD has been in my drive pretty much since I bought the game, in like February.

It is safe unless, you really love that CD and one day you leave it in your computer and then there is a fire in your home and your computer is off, and let's say there is also no power, so you can't turn on your computer thus not being able to open your cd drive right away, then your screwed. But other than that I think your ok.

valid points here, but no the pc stays here, and if im not playing it on my pc then i wouldnt be playing it at all, because my friends pc's wouldnt run it lol

Thanks guys

CrazeD said:
My BF2 CD has been in my drive pretty much since I bought the game, in like February.

yep i was actually talking about BF2142 when i said "i play a game alot" ;)

Boot times may be slower. If you have boot from CD enabled it will access the disc for a few seconds.
Sometimes, on some computer, the blue/green loading bar when booting XP may also take longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom