ok, I'm ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not really sure,but most of the other memorys are like that so it must not be anything really important.

I would strongly suggest getting the Sound Blaster Audigy2 Platinum sound card package rather than just the sound blaster itself.

This comes with a I/O device that would save you from a world of aggravation. Normally you'll only have the standard miniplug connections it the back of the sound card, but with the I/0 device, you will be able to have: analog RCA cables, optical cables, and digital coaxial cable, all of which have both input and output. The only reason I would go with only the sound blaster would be if you had a computer 5.1 or 7.1 system.

You're not getting a DVD burner?

Why are you buying a seperate power supply? The one with the case is 430 Watts (which should be enough). I have only a 350 Watt power supply with all of the components listed in my signature along with two DVD drives, SATA harddrive, and 6 fans.

DO NOT get a ATI Radeon 9800 SE. It is far worse than all other ATI cards. Whenever you see SE on ATI cards it means "settle elsewhere". Get the ATI 9800 Pro if you're looking for that price range.

Also, don't crap your pants when you are having trouble having the CPU fan sit on top of the heat sink. The new intels have had a reputation lately of needing plyers to have the CPU fan snap in.

Good luck.

Buffered and ECC Registered memory are usually used for servers, nothing to worry about unless you plan on getting a Athlon FX CPU.

Anyway, you might be better off with a SATA hard drive, your case comes with a 430W PSU but you are probably better off with a ThermalTake PSU, and your graphics card is a 9800SE which are pathetic and personally I wouldn't even consider as a graphics card :)

EDIT: I presume you have a monitor, floppy drive, keyboard, mouse and speakers?

well i call the se the "sucky edition" for ati and the le the "lazy edition" for nVidia.

he doesn't need a burner, unless you are into that kind of stuff.

and for the psu some times thoses psu's that come with the case shouldn't even come with it.

get an antec or a thermaltake psu. are you going to be gaming?

Ok, so it obviously looks like I don't want the 9800SE. I do have a budget of about $800, which is why I choose it. I don't think I can afford the Pro or XT, but I'll check and if I can afford it, then I'll get it.

Same with the Sound Blaster. It's like $100 or something like that more for the Platinum Edition.

I do already have a monitor, keyboard and mouse.

And I agree with compy. I've heard a lot of bad stories about the PSUs that come with the cases, but I'm thinking on getting a chieftec instead so I can mod it the way I want. Yes I will be gaming. The separate power supply is a Thermaltake.

ok um...you don't have to buy a sound card...use the onboard sound from the mobo...with all that you have picked how much did it add up to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom