ok, big problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

dale5605

Daemon Poster
Well I'm still upgrading my AMD build and so I was working on it tonight. My two WD 80gb HD's arrived tonight so I put them in and proceeded to set up the RAID 0 config and install windows. It's weird in the mobo setup page it has one of the drives detected as IDE master, but they are both SATA drives hooked up with SATA connectors. I set the RAID 0 config as the boot device and loaded in windows. Then when windows prompted me I installed the NVIDIA RAID drivers. During windows installation it came across a file that it said it could not find on the CD and couldn't copy. iodcc.dll or something like that
I chose to skip copying that file and the installation finished out. Then it rebooted but now whenever it trys to enter windows it gives me a blue screen error message saying windows had to shut down to prevent hardware damage, and telling me to check the drives for viruses or run DSKCHK /F on them or something.

darn this is annoying, I tried booting from CD and it gives me the same error. I think I'm going to have to put the drives in this computer just to reformat them or something. :D

Did you press F6 before installing Windows on RAID? You need a floppy drive and a disk with Riad drivers.

Yes, right when the screen popped up and it said press F6 to install 3rd pary raid drivers or something I punched F6 a bunhc of times. But then it finishes loading all the files before it gives me a screen saying to put in a disk for mass-storage device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom