Off to a rough start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonCrafter

Daemon Poster
*Rant Mode ON*

Well, I ordered my new Alienware on 3/16 and it's been stalled in 'Phase 4' for about three days now. Looks like there is NO WAY it's gonna be shipped out on the date they gave me of the 29th. They wasted NO time in charging my credit card though. Also, in the short time I have done buisiness with Alienware they have managed to 'Overcharge' me by $500 and cause turmoil with my checking accout. The line is getting thin, but I have faith. I hope for thier sake (and mine of course) that they pull it through.

*Rant Mode OFF*

LOL, sorry about all that man. Alienware's service seems to have taken a plunge recently...

Also, what is Phase 4? Is phase 4 the part when the burn the comp (i.e. plug it in and run it to make sure it works right), cuz a lot of companies do that for several days.

Cancel your order, and buy one from the place i work at. Same parts, without the name.

www.adkgaming.com (not all the parts are on the configurator, we can get anything...)

if you're looking for a sweet case and what not.. checkout the saitek back lit keyboard + macro pad, wavemaster case, there is a mouse, similiar to the saitek they work well together (i forget the name atm), and it'll be 500$ cheaper than what you'd pay @ alienware.

I met one of the guys that worked at alienware. He built the systems that went out for review. He said they tweaked the demo systems more so than the rest of them are, to make sure they look good. But your computer will not get the same attention.

dhw200 said:
LOL, sorry about all that man. Alienware's service seems to have taken a plunge recently...

Also, what is Phase 4? Is phase 4 the part when the burn the comp (i.e. plug it in and run it to make sure it works right), cuz a lot of companies do that for several days.

LOL, 'Phase 4' is an 'evaluating period', where they make sure all the components will run together. In other words..............a waste of time. So, basically, after 9 days they havent even begun to build my comp yet. My patience is wearing thin.

senseless said:
Cancel your order, and buy one from the place i work at. Same parts, without the name.

www.adkgaming.com (not all the parts are on the configurator, we can get anything...)

if you're looking for a sweet case and what not.. checkout the saitek back lit keyboard + macro pad, wavemaster case, there is a mouse, similiar to the saitek they work well together (i forget the name atm), and it'll be 500$ cheaper than what you'd pay @ alienware.

I met one of the guys that worked at alienware. He built the systems that went out for review. He said they tweaked the demo systems more so than the rest of them are, to make sure they look good. But your computer will not get the same attention.

Thanks for the link. I'll give that site a look through. You never know, I may be ordering there if Alienware doesnt get on the ball.

Thats why I like to build my own. NewEgg usually always ships parts to me within 3 days and I definetly save some cash in the building process. But Alienwares are a great PC so good luck in gettin this straightened out.

Still no movement today, stuck in 'Phase 4'. It's amazing. It only took them 2 days to get my money, but it's gonna take 4-5 days to give me the overcharged ammount back. Time is ticking for Alienware. :) WHEN I get the computer...........it better be PERFECT, GREAT, BEAUTIFULL and EVERYTHING that I want. :D

I have ordered an Alienware PC before. It's very nice quality. But yes they are a little slow, they take their time in building it. But if this helps any I had the same problem sorta. My computer was actually on Phase 3 for about 11 days. Then it went from Phase 3 all the way through phase 14 and finished in one day. I don't know what the heck happened there. I thought it was going to be way late but then is magically got here one day before schedule. I think maybe sometimes the techies don't bother updating the website with what phase they are on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom