oem

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok this doesnt make much sense to me. i thought the higher the fsb the faster a proccesor was. how come amd fsb speeds are lower than intel but people say amd is better for gaming

yea, lol, so basically:
different cores will vary the amount of cache and the process in nm.

The lower the process, the less heat is generated by the chip, allowing higher overclocks.

More cache is mainly for server usage, and/or video editing and such.

any other questions?

about fsb speeds:

AMD processors are more efficiant, meaning they can do more work per clock cycle. smaller pipes than intels big pipes that transfer bigger peices of data than AMD's cpus. In gaming, the cpu sends a lots of smaller data, in big amounts, and relies on the ram a lot for storing stuff to access randomly during the game.

ok so whats the best fsb speed offered by an amd athlon 64 3000. i will be playing halo mostly but when i get it built i might run some other games.

OK, just forget about all this, buy a DFI LANParty nF4 SLI-DR, a OEM AMD 3500+ Winchester CPU, and the rocket 3d HSF for Socket 939, some of the silver name stuff, and you will be set!

ALL FROM www.NewEgg.com

Yan

no offense yan, but uninformed decisions forced upon a person who needs help with something just isnt right... he came here for help not the old best buy/circuit city salesman to drown him in stuff he doesnt understand :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom