Odd things with new Case/HDD - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 12-27-2007, 12:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie
Send a message via MSN to LeftEyeBlind
Default Odd things with new Case/HDD

So I got a new case, pretty nifty basic case (I'm a fan of the basic stuff, its stainless steel, its nice) ..And a new 300GB HDD.

So I copy my old HDD to the new one, everythings nice and hooked up, but I noticed that sometimes when the computer is booted I'll see a bunch of artifacts (sometimes only one or two) ..and my computer kept restarting itself once I logged into windows (untill I ran Check Disk, its since stopped)

are these giant warning signs of anything? Or did I just knock some of my ram loose when switching cases?

I'm also using onboard video for the first time today, sold my 8600GT, getting a 8800GT.. Maybe this is a side effect of that? Didn't notice anything odd before I switched cases though.
PROJECT WOLFDALE<br><br>GIGABTE GA-P35-DS3L (Rev. 2)<br><br>Intel Core 2 Duo e8400 "Wolfdale" 3.66Ghz<br><br>2X512MB Patriot Extreme - 1X1GB Mushkin<br><br>BFG 8800GT OC<br><br>Antec Nine Hundred
Closed Thread

Posting Rules