odd problem i had for a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traicer

Baseband Member
well i had this problem for a long time and it had botter me much till now. hope you guys can understand me and help me out.
a tryed different stuff to fix it and non work.

ok well my computer turns off, but it dosen't really turn off =)

the case has a green light that shows when its on, well that light turns orange and them monitor turns off, the fan on my CPU goes out, the fans on my graphic card and case are still on, and i can still hear the HDs on. i tryed pressing keys on keyboard thinking it was just on hibernation or stand by, but nothing happens. so i have to push the button and turn off and on.

i had this problem really badly a while back so i decided to reinstall windows. this helped my problem out but it would still do it alot. i when to windows updates and downloaded everything but the service pack 1, the problem was the same, i tryed downloading service pack 1 and windows would turn off before ALOT, i took it off and problem got a little better, it did the same when i tryed the beta of SP2. now im starting to think it software related and not hardware any idea of whats wrong with my system, btw sometimes i can go a few days with out getting the problem and some times i get the problem a lot of times in one day

post any help plz and i hope this made some sense..

thx all

what version windows are you using? need more details about your comp ofcource..

when you turn off your computer you goto Start>Shutdown>Turnoff? or what

no i push and hold the buttonfor a few seconds to turn off. and i have, Windows XP (Build 2600) i have 256 Ram, celeron 1.7. geforce 4 MX 420,

why do you do that? go thruogh the start>shutdown>turn off..

clicking on your turn off button (depending on how your turn off button is programmed) will automatically shutdown your comp leaving you with lost files, unsaved files, it actually curropts your computer day by day by doingthis..

hey in the cmos check the power state after the pc if called for shut down......!! change it to different states and try it..!

yes cmos is the bios you can access it by pressing F2 if its intel board... some come with F1, Del button and F10....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom