Odd lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pygmy

Solid State Member
Hi there, I am experiencing odd lagging of my computer. This happens whenever I am doing anything slightly intensive such as running a program or a game. It's really odd because I recently formatted and just a little while ago upgraded my computer. The lag will last for a second and happen speriodically when an action is being performed(program loading or shooting, etc. in a game). I have not had this problem before today, so there might have been a software change to my computer(haven't really made any major ones myself). I have also virus scanned and adware scanned. I really have no idea what it could possibly be. Though, if I'm not being specific enough, feel free to throw questions at me. Thanks a lot.

Windows XP Professional
1gig pc3200 ddr
2.1ghz amd athlon xp 2600+
Asus A78X-Deluxe
ATI Radeon 8500

Have you run a defrag with a program like Diskeeper pro? Could be just a fragmented hard drive.

No, I haven't, I'll give that a try. However, I really doubt that will fix my problem. =(

I found the problem... it was the oddest thing. This little file name misurp.exe was running on my computer. Whenever my cpu was active the file would lag up and take 50% of my cpu. I have no idea what the file is or where it came from. Taskmanager says it's a system file and I know it's not a virus or adware. Anyways, I kept it but just placed it somewhere else so my computer doesn't automically run it(even after I stopped it, my pc just ran it again when it was in its initial folder). Now my computer is running fine.

You may want to disable that little program from trying to boot up. Here's how.
Under Run, type msconfig.exe.
select 'startup' tab and then uncheck misurp.exe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom