Odd CPU or BIOS problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andwuu

Beta member
It's started since I went to try and overclock my CPU and even with baby steped MHz whenever i restarted the monitor would idle and nothing would happen, so I reset the BIOS and loaded defaults to make it work, but then it happened again when I restarted, since then I've had to unclock it to keep it going everytime I boot up. I've monitored the heat and that doesn't seem to be a problem, I'm sure that whenever I tried even a lil oc on it, it'd hate it and ***** at me lol and that's what it seems to be doing. I have a Chaintech 7nIL1 motherboard with an Athlon XP 2400+ but now downclocked to 1800+. I'm going to be getting a new 3200+ in the mail tomorrow luckily. I just thought it was kinda wierd how it rejected it so much that I had to lower everything all the way.

You should NOT have to unclock it each time. There should be a setting that will disable overclocking when you start the computer in the BIOS. All OCing programs that I know have to be enabled everytime you start, and have to be enabled again when you restart the computer, that is a safety feature so you dont forget about it. My BIOS just crashed so I couldn't check it for you lol.

Doing this on the college computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom