ocz ssd vs kingston ssd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonie

In Runtime
hey everyone,

I am about to buy 2 120g ssd's and I have a question.

heres the ocz ssd at 250$

Newegg.com - OCZ Vertex 3 Series – MAX IOPS Edition VTX3MI-25SAT3-120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

heres the kingston ssd at 185$

Newegg.com - Kingston HyperX SH100S3B/120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (HyperX Upgrade Kit)

now I am getting two which ever I go with, and obviously I would save 150$ if I went with the kingston. so my question, does that ocz justify the extra 150$? the OCZ's 4kb random read and write are 15,000 IOPS faster on both, but is there really a difference between these drives?

thanks!

what about raid o with 120g ssd vs a 240g ssd? which is faster, more reliable, better overall? I have heard that with raid o you only see marginal performance increase but you loose a feature called trimming.

which should I go with?

edit: I have been hearing about issues with the sandforce controllers, on the corsairs, ocz and kingston drives. the only other non sandforced controlled ssd would be a crucial. should I be concerned with this sandforce bug?

go with a 240g ssd rather than a 2x120g ssd? would you mind explaining why, I though raid o makes them roughly 1.5x faster.

So then its safe to say the controller problem has been resolved correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom